Position Title: Director, People Business Partner
Director, People Business Partner
Zapier is on a mission to make automation work for everyone—and our global, all-remote team is what makes this work possible. As we grow, we are looking for a Director of People Business Partners to lead our business partner function as part of our People Leadership Team. In this role, you will manage and coach Zapier’s two Senior People Business Partners, while also serving as the business partner for our Ops team (People, Finance, Legal, & BizOps)
As the leader of our People Business Partners team, you’ll refine the vision for this group and how it operates in collaboration with our People Team centers of excellence (e.g. Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Total Rewards). You’ll organize and coach your team to translate our business strategy into tailored talent strategies that span talent development, performance management, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, and more.
Zapier is a 100% remote company and this role is eligible to work from anywhere in the Americas. This role sits on Zapier’s People Leadership Team and reports to our Chief People Officer.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable startup, then read on…
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You have deep experience in HR roles (8+ yrs)—including direct experience as a people business partner—working with executives on talent strategy, employee relations, manager development, and organizational design.
- You have experience working with high-growth organizations in which some talent practices and systems are new or being developed.
- You have a track record (3+ yrs) hiring, managing, and growing experienced business partners, including setting vision and direction for the group and developing relevant expectations and measures of success.
- You have strong business acumen. You understand the core levers of a business and how talent strategy influences teams’ ability to grow and perform.
- You have a strong working knowledge of multiple people operations disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational health, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, performance enablement.
- You partner effectively with centers of excellence (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Learning & Development, and People Operations) to communicate and drive People programs across your client groups.
- You deeply understand your clients’ business and talent needs (i.e. staffing model, operating model) in order to design, curate, or adapt talent programs to grow team performance, development, and belonging.
- You support your executives in advancing their teams’ diversity and inclusion strategies, in partnership with Zapier’s Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Equity (DIBE) Team.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You allocate your time well. You hold yourself accountable and follow through on your priorities with little supervision.
The Whole Package
Our fully remote, distributed environment enables us to work with awesome people from around the world. Our team members work from 38 different countries. We generally hire based on timezones and try to keep teams together by making sure that every Zapien overlaps with their manager & teammates for at least a few hours a day.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Fertility and Adoption Assistance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we support Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare plans are available in the UK, Canada, and United States. Retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States. A regional benefits premium is added directly to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits. When recommendations are made for base salary, the benefits premium has already been factored in.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We are looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer and we’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone’s identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.