Audience Acquisition & Data Marketing Manager
Note: You must be able to interview and legally work in Toronto GTA to be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Split duties between circulation and data management responsibilities, as well as marketing.
- Analyze, develop and implement circulation plans to increase the number, and quality of subscribers.
- Study the results of promotions and customer retention programs, and use the information to develop or modify marketing strategies.
- Monitor the profitability and performance of existing products and services.
- Provide progress reports and continually mine data for strategic insights.
The Successful Candidate will be:
- A self-starter; motivated and confident to work independently.
- Comfortable bringing projects to life on their own initiative.
- Identify areas of improvement for cost savings and quality improvements, and implement changes.
- Financially aware with an analytical focus; able to evaluate cost and margin information leading to profitable product/program development.
- Assertive, proactive self-starter with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to adapt quickly and respond to urgent business priorities.
- A strong communicator, with excellent influencing skills, with a flair for building and maintaining relationships at all levels, both internally & externally.
Circulation & Data Responsibilities:
- Oversee the list management of up to 10 digital and print titles.
- Manage our e-newsletter, third-party and print databases by keeping data current, scrubbed and organized.
- Manage our circulation data software on a macro and micro level including troubleshooting.
- Generate print orders and oversee postage and customer service.
- Identify gaps.
- Create, develop, and test new user acquisition and retention strategies.
- Generate revenue through subscription sales, direct mail, renewals and invoicing.
- Create pricing and marketing strategies that increases retention.
- Create, execute, and monitor marketing initiatives for acquisition programs and circulation promotions.
- Interact with multiple organizational facets (social media, programmatic, print) to maximize marketing opportunities.
- Provide and be knowledgeable in best practices in campaign development to optimize efficiency and quality of campaigns across all channels (direct mail, email, phone, web, social, etc.)
- Leverage data analyses, develop, test and measure campaign strategies and tactics to drive desired customer behaviors and results.
- BA/BS with coursework in some marketing or equivalent preferred.
- Able to train on a weekend or weekday evening for the first few weeks.
- 1-3 years’ experience in database, circulation or subscription marketing.
- 1-3 years’ experience with database querying tools, languages and analytical platforms. supporting database marketing such as marketing automation and campaign management software solutions.
Required Skills and Experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel. (expert level)
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Detail orientation, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and accountability to get the job done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- A passion for data insights and ability to translate this passion into out of the box thinking and new programs and products.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to integrate data to new or existing database structures.
- Ability to mine data, using query language(s) to create data for program development.
- Knowledge of circulation/subscription fulfillment systems and/or billing systems.
- Ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks under deadline pressure.
- Ideally has an eye for layout, design and copywriting.
- Ideally is be able to understand production printing concepts and the lingo of the industry, such as full-page ads, direct-mail packages and the insert cards that are enclosed in magazines
Target total compensation : 70k
(base, bonus, commission)
For more than 25 years, our Client has launched, managed and produced market-leading, well-recognized, print and digital publishing, conference and trade show products within a variety of industry-specific sectors, positioning Our Client among the most respected organizations in this field.
Our Client has developed and co-produced more than 30 industry leading conferences and trade shows and has achieved the distinction of producing two of the “top 25” B2B events in Canada.
With a current client list of more than 70 associations and having developed and produced a portfolio well in excess of 100 industry-specific products, our Client’s team continues to deliver timely, content-rich information to sector constituents while providing front line customers direct access to senior decision makers – a vital element to their success.
With offices in the United States and Canada, our Client has a vast network of print and digital specialists, event planners, editors, writers, publishers and account managers with a focus from concept to planning and execution – thus ensuring the successful achievement of all elements of client communication goals.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $70,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- database: 2 years (Required)