Production Manager & B2B Printer
The company is a high-volume, online b2b Trade Printing Company, rapidly delivering a full range of printed products; business cards, mailers, signage, large format, bound products, packaging, promotional products, and much more.
The company is recognized by its commercial clients, for the quality of its finished products and fast order turnaround, and is committed to the operational processes to get it right the first time and exceed client expectations for speed, service and quality.
The company services leading brands and companies from its Etobicoke, Ontario complex.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Lead, collaborate and work closely with estimating, prepress, production, finishing and bindery departments
- Review orders, schedule and produce jobs in the most effective way possible
- Experienced with computers and software to provide reporting to management including;
- Number of over-time hours used per week
- Number of orders per week not delivered on time
- Number of reworked orders per month due to production related issues
- Number of process improvements introduced per month
- Assist with Customer communication, project expectations and timelines, as well as helping clients, by resolving promptly any complaints or concerns
- Respond to telephone calls and emails promptly, and continue to encourage the use of emails to keep things more streamlined and manageable
- Monitoring production status on a daily basis to ensure that deliveries are met.
- Vendor management;
- Identifying vendors for outsourcing bindery and finishing services, tracking rates and vendor capabilities
- Contacting vendors when needed and negotiating deliveries and rates for new jobs
- Learning from errors, developing improvement processes, and guiding the team to learn from mistakes
How to apply for this position:
respond by email with an up-to-date resume to: