Plant Manager – Toronto GTA Hwy 407
Direct the manufacturing and operations policies and programs by directing and coordinating all manufacturing activities through Production Manager/Supervisor, Maintenance, Shipping, and Tool & Die. May oversee other departments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and administer the company’s daily plant operations in manufacturing, shipping, tool & die and maintenance through the respective lead personnel by answering questions and providing direction in these areas.
- Ensure the manufacture of all company products is at the lowest cost consistent with established specifications by reviewing production reports.
- Direct the installation and maintenance of all manufacturing and processing equipment used in the manufacturing process and request additional space when needed through the chain of command; responsible for maintenance by reviewing selection of existing and desired equipment for meeting product specifications.
- Review cost control reports, cost estimates, and manpower, review facility requirement forecasts for existing and new products.
- Review and maintain inventory controls and levels to conform to budgets and forecasts and sustain manufacturing output to sustain proper inventory levels and customer service levels.
- Formulate and install standard practices based upon comparative studies of methods, costs, and production forecasts.
- Ensure that plant operations are adequately staffed with trained and experienced supervisors who are capable of providing continued growth and profitability for the organization.
- Works closely with Human Resources on the Safety Program
- Responsible to ensure that the facility is operated and maintained in compliance with Federal, State, and local environmental health and safety laws. To carry out this responsibility, the Plant Manager has the authority to sign environmental permit applications and renewals, inspection and testing reports, and other documents required to be filed or maintained under applicable environmental health and safety laws.
- Work related experience with Lean manufacturing supporting continuous improvement.
- Knowledgeable in LTL and TL transportation along with DC warehouse management background.
- Travel as needed.
- Implement and manage special projects as directed by upper management.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Education: Preference given to Candidates with Bachelors Degree in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum five years experience in manufacturing supervision.
CORE COMPETENCIES of the Candidate:
- Fostering Teamwork
- Managing Performance
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Customer Orientation
- Result Orientation
- Personal Credibility
- Organizational Competencies: Initiative; Developing Others; Influencing Others
- Specific Technical Skills:
- Computer proficient in Excel/Word.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and applicable Hazard Communication requirements and safety procedures.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of labor relations, manufacturing methods, process management, project management, and production planning.
- Knowledge of steel characteristics, press operation, quality control, and inspection procedures.
- Ability to direct and coordinate all manufacturing activities so that an adequate supply of approved products is kept within specifications, quality standards, budget guidelines, and on time as established by the VP of Operations.
- Ability to manage special projects including review of new plant equipment, dies, or custom specification; review and approval of blueprints, (ensuring exceptional, custom, or new products may be designed, evaluated, and implemented for production.)
WORKING CONDITIONS: 100% duties performed while working in a heated industrial plant either standing, walking, lifting, watching, reaching, or bending with limited potential exposure to hazardous materials if protective equipment and safety procedures are not followed.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principle duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job, and “other” duties and responsibilities include those that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job.