Large Construction Company
Toronto GTA worksites
Position: Heavy Drill Operators (Bauer and Kelly Drill): 4 Positions
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a wide range of projects. This organization is one of Ontario’s leading construction companies, specializing in shoring and piling, and is hiring for 4 full-time employees to work on various projects within the GTA and surrounding area. Individuals must demonstrate dependability, motivation, good judgement, and communication skills. This is a growing and dynamic organization that fosters growth and development of its staff. Competitive salary and benefit packages are offered to each successful candidate.
Salary Information: Salary range $20.00 per hour (new trainee) to $34.00 per hour (current union rate) -Â based on experience.
- Criminal background check is required.
- Drivers License is required.
- Must have good listening skills and be coachable.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be flexible and be able to work overtime, if needed.
- Completion of secondary school is required (OSSD).
- Prior to hire candidates may be required to provide a medical report in compliance with the Employment Standards act.
- Experience working with pile drivers and Bauer style drilling.
- Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites.
- May operate hand and other power tools as well as a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- May clean and prepare sites, dig and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Lubricate, clean, or repair machinery, equipment, or tools.
- Backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes or track loaders.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Sense of balance and spatial ability.
- Physical and mental stamina.
- Good vision and manual dexterity.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good oral and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to operate power equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of computerized machinery.
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures
- This is a full-time position with a 3 month probationary period.
- Experience with shoring and piling is an asset.
- 2-3 years operating Bauer and Kelly Drill is an asset.