Position: Heavy Equipment Manager
Toronto GTA – East End
Company: Large Construction Company, specializing in Shoring and Piling
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a wide range of heavy Equipment. This organization is one of Ontario’s leading construction companies, specializing in shoring and piling, and is hiring for a full-time employee to managing heavy equipment mechanics.
Individuals must demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills. Be dependable, motivated, and exercise good judgement with the ambition to grow and develop with the company.
This dynamic organization fosters the growth of its staff and is looking to hire individuals with managerial and heavy equipment experience.
Competitive salary and benefit packages are offered to each successful candidate.
Salary Information: Salary range $50,000- 90,000 per year based on experience.
- Criminal background check is required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as heavy Equipment Manager.
- Must have good listening skills and be coachable.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be flexible and be able to work overtime, if needed.
- Training heavy equipment personnel and verifying their qualificationsbefore hire
- Providing direction and delegation of tasks to heavy equipment mechanics
- Planning coordinating, recommending and implementing heavy equipment safety standards as it relates to relevant repairs
- Working with management team order to determine working priorities
- Preparing schedules and assigning work to heavy equipment personnel
- Ensuring that repairs are completed on time and on budget
- Knowledge of safety guidelines and ensuring that all employees adhere to safety standards
- Determining work methods that result to improved efficiency and productivity in the work place
- Ensuring that the reports, records, timesheets, and invoices are approved by the construction authorities
- Ensuring appropriate materials are ordered for repairs.
- Must have a level of expertise in the construction industry
- Must be able to issue clear directions to heavy equipment mechanics
- Must have good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and listening communication skills
- Ability to work with and manage a team
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of computerized machinery
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures
- Experience on civil- industrial sites is an asset
- This is a full-time position with a 3 month probationary period
- Experience with shoring and piling is an asset
- Familiarity with the repairs of Drill Rigs and Crawler cranes is an asset