Focus on the Best and Help the Rest
Clients: we deal with VITOs (very important top officers)
- Our 1st & primary point of contact is Owner-Operators and decision-makers (VITOs) who have an immediate need (with about 200 employees or more
- Growth companies with 200 employees or more
- START: Telephone conversations go from “presentation” of an internalized senior-level “hidden” Candidate to a “dialogue” with VITO about what they want
- TOOLS: We use an Internal Profile, 3 Second Resumes, and Success Stories to showcase Candidates. The internal profile is the shortened version of the resume we create after internalizing the Candidate. It should be close to the LinkedIn profile (except for identifying information). 3 Second Resumes and Success Stories are created by Candidates.
- STRATEGY: Be prepared for handling the opportunity Ch 19 & 20 in “Selling To VITO”. Listen and read the pdf from Bill Radin “How to Get Clients” about call type#1 (you have a great Candidate & you know about an open position) and call type#11 (you have a great candidate, but don’t know about open positions)
“HI THIS IS ________ FROM ZENPEAK RECRUITERS
(CONNECTION) WE NOTICED THAT YOU WERE AT THE TRADE SHOW OR…
(CONNECTION) WE WORK IN YOUR BUSINESS SEGMENT OR…
(CONNECTION) I NOTICED YOU HAVE SOME OPEN POSITIONS OR…
(don’t skip a beat)
WE HAVE A CANDIDATE NAMED ________________ WITH ___ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN FOR A SENIOR POSITION ….I’D LIKE 15 MINUTES FACE TO FACE TO TELL YOU MORE ABOUT (NAMED) ____________ AND HOW WE WORK”
When does the search begin? When do we get started?
The signed engagement contract with Clients is the DECISION POINT – that’s when a search begins – focus on qualifying opportunities instead of agreeing to send in the resumes of your internalized Candidates. If they won’t sign a contract with a fixed fee, or a sign a contract with a success fee… you are wasting your time. Anything before the signed engagement contract is not solid.