Toronto GTA – Vaughan
Compensation: 90K +
– Develop and maintain steel connector hardware product design values and required code reports.
– Produce technical documents and assists the marketing department in the development of literature.
– Provide technical support to customer service, sales, & production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform new product design and product revisions, and makes recommendations for product or process improvements.
- Participate in the new steel connector hardware product development process providing prototype designs and design guidelines.
- Assist as needed with developing and compiling calculations, test reports, drawings for submission to coding agencies.
- Respond to technical questions from clients, sales, customer service, building officials, outside engineers/architects.
- Provide standard steel connector hardware product calculations.
- Provide special application calculations that may be used in a technical bulletin or by the sales force.
- Design custom steel hangers and other steel connector hardware (wood-to-wood, wood-to-steel, wood-to-concrete and wood-to-masonry) based on customer specifications.
- Provide sealed drawings for custom steel hangers and similar connectors
- Work with the marketing department to produce technical bulletins. This includes researching and studying all technical information.
- Work with the Director of Engineering with determining required product specifications
- Develop a solid understanding of the National Building Code requirements and related Canadian Standards design standards.
- Assist with literature development by reviewing drafts and providing technical information as required.
- Perform other duties within the department as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be a professional Engineer registered in any province in Canada.
- Must be skilled to use a personal computer and MS Office software including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of Autocad is an asset.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Experience in the design of wood truss components is an asset.
- Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.