Senior Engineer-New market Area-north of Toronto GTA
This position reports to the Engineering Director.
Plan and manage design services across Canada. (some travel required) Under the supervision of the Engineering Director, prepare engineering training documents and be responsible for training engineering staff and customers, as required. The position is responsible for the operations and management of the engineering department in the absence of the Engineering Director .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates jobs for Canadian fabricators and for US fabricators exporting to Canada, and ensures jobs are done in the least possible turn-around time.
- Manages on-site engineering design staff
- Verifies and seals engineering drawings.
- Writes letters of professional opinion to customers.
- Prepares truss repair details.
- Mentors junior engineers and technologists as required.
- Travel as required on business; Clients, seminars, trade conferences.
- Provides software technical support to customers by phone as required.
- Communicate with sales team on matters affecting customer perception of engineering services.
- Performs other engineering tasks as may be assigned by the Engineering Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be a registered professional engineer in Ontario and must be eligible for registration in other English speaking provinces.
- Must have excellent communication skills with experience working directly with Clients/Customers.
- Must be skilled to use a personal computer and MS Office software including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to learn and master proprietary design software.
Credentials and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design of light metal plate connected wood trusses.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience.