Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Toronto, ON.
Company Name: zenPeak Client
[This position may also appear as Controller]
Our Client, is one of Canada’s largest and most respected B2B media & marketing services companies with offices in Toronto (head office), Winnipeg, Vancouver and Gainesville, FL (USA). This creative organization produces print, e-newsletter, website, social media, programmatic retargeting, trade shows and conferences on its own and in tandem with over 75 different industry association partners. You will enjoy thriving in a flexible and collaborative work environment where your insight and candor are encouraged as a valued expectation of the role.
Reporting to the President, the Senior Accountant is responsible for accurate and timely record-keeping, accounting and financial reporting, including preparing quarterly and annual statements.
The Senior Accountant will deliver operational information, analysis, budgeting, and forecasts as needed to Senior Management and the company’s auditors.
The Senior Accountant will supervise accounting team members, manage the AP and AR functions, payroll services, and Human Resources administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Oversight and management of all accounting functions
Operate Accounting software system for the company including training users, and ensure the integrity and efficiency of systems
Preparation of the financial statements within the time frames provided while adhering to the generally accepted accounting principles and the uniform system of accounts
Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and advise the senior leadership team
Prepare accurate forecasts on a monthly basis and cash flow statements on request
Development and implementation of effective asset and inventory control systems
Ensure that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information required by the company are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate
Review and analyze forecasts and budgets prepared by others
Prepare timely and accurate sales reports, tax filings and returns as well as any other reports deemed necessary
Prepare all government filings and submissions including but not limited to: HST Remittances, WSIB & EHT
Monitor cash positions, and AR and deliver management reports
Maintain balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis with full supporting detail
Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses
Coach staff regarding their financial responsibilities and effective financial management techniques
Adhere to the highest ethical and business standards, and to the laws of the countries, provinces, states and cities in which the Company does business
Qualifications / Requirements:
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as a Senior Accountant
· Accounting Designation CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) with a minimum 10 years practical accounting experience
· A proven leader with superb interpersonal and exceptional leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
· Exceptional computer skills including the ability to operate and manage computerized financial systems such as ACCPAC, spreadsheet and word processing programs and email at a highly proficient level
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years in a leadership role overseeing other staff in an Accounting department
· Proven success in analyzing financial information and business operations with positive bottom line impact
· Effective time management, presentation, and organizational skills
· Knowledge of ACCPAC accounting software
· You must be legally eligible to work in Canada as a citizen of Canada or a Permanent Resident
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year commensurate with experience
Benefits package offered after probationary period