Permanent | 5 July 2019 | Waterloo, ON Canada
Client ID 271100
Senior Node.js Developer – Procom KW is currently seeking a Node.js Developer for a role with our large financial services client based in Waterloo for a full time permanent position in their brand new offices.
Senior Node.js Developer Job Details
We are searching for a Senior Software Engineer with proven experience in developing high-quality, high-performance distributed systems using RESTful web services and single-page application technologies.
Senior Node.js Developer Responsibilities
- Contributing to the development of microservice-based distributed systems and front-end user interfaces using modern single-page-application technologies
- Learning about and working on security, design, architecture, financial services, automation, fraud detection, event-driven design, microservices, and distributed systems
- Architecting, designing and engineering web-based software products and components that deliver superior experience – specifically in the engineering of RESTful web services and SPA technologies
- Working closely with cross-functional teams through our Engineering Guild to drive innovation, efficiency and continuous improvement across the organization
- Performing Research and Development of tools, practices, frameworks, and methodologies to assess their viability and value for adoption to drive continuous improvement
- Having fun working as a member of a high performance team developing innovative and market-changing solutions.
Senior Node.js Developer Mandatory Skills
- Creativity and problem solving coupled with desire to explore, learn and innovate
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience in software architecture with specific emphasis on distributed systems, microservices, security, reliability, scalability, and synchronous/asynchronous architectures
- Proven experience in engineering RESTful web services and UI components using SPA technologies
- Experience with test automation tools, frameworks, principles and CI/CD
- Experience unit testing
- Testing with Postman, JMeter, SuperTest, Jest, and Selenium
- Deploying with Azure DevOps/Visual Studio Team Services, Git
- Using MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Elastic, Docker
Senior Node.js Developer Start Date
As soon as possible.
Senior Node.js Developer Length
Full time, permanent.